Sunday, January 16, 2005

Holy Shit! It's been a month and a half.

Okay, I realize it has been a long time with no action. Partially that is because I am often lazy, partly due to alot going on around here what with the holidays and all, and mostly it is because I had two long and involved postings get eaten by the damn ether monsters after I completed them and saved them as drafts. Damn it, I was mad at the system. Curse you Blogger!

But now, I am getting over it, and am ready to start anew. Turn over a new leaf for the new year as it were. Wipe the slate clean...back to the ol' drawing board...yadda, yadda.

I'm not really sure yet what I am really setting out to do with this thing anymore. At first it was going to be a food thing, but then I was all caught up in the poitics of the moment. Now all that has come to pass (not that all of it is not still very much on my mind) and we have been living with the fact of large scale natural disaster on the other side of the world.

My mind wanders constantly from subject to subject. (Perhaps this is the problem with me and life?) I become interested in many different things all at once. I guess you could say my tastes are eclectic and ever changing (yeah, no kidding asshole, whose aren't!?). So I guess what I am getting at is this: I'm not sure I want to limit the scope of this forum to just one or two narrow subjects. While I admire many of the fine blogs that I peruse so often for their focus and attention to detail, that is not what is going to be happening here. So be forewarned. Don't say I didn't tell you this before you got all involved and captivated by my oh so facinating life and my witty banter about the amazing things I observe going on every day in the world around us.
Turn back now, friend if you feel the mystery of it all is just not for you...I (for one) won't hold it against you. Just don't tag along only to complain bitterly about it later. "Oh - sniff - I didn't think it was going to be like this...so disorganized and diverse and ever changing...I don't like unpredictability...Wah wah wah." I hate that shit.

As for the rest of you (i think I may - in fact - have one loyal reader at this point, but there is no telling if they were lost too in the inactive time) strap yourselves in and prepare for a some what wild ride. Okay, maybe not exactly wild really ( I am almost forty and married with a kid) but it could concievably be an interesting ride at the very least. So whataya say? Wanna give it a try? C'mon...do ya'? Every body's doing it. (well at least I think that one guy I alluded to earlier is, maybe.)

Okay, here we go!


2 comments:

Backyard Chef said...

I'm ready, Mr. Primo....sock it to us! If you stick with one topic, does that mean you have a one track mind? I know you better than that, you have at least an 8-track mind (that's a joke lost on the youth, I'm sure). Give us the K-tel hits, my friend, or as Tom Waits once said, "Blow wind blow".....

The second song at the party for the Viskers this weekend was "Cocaine" by Eric Clapton. I said to Amy, "Ed and Mary Clare have some hip taste". She explained that the kids put it all together. Next thing I know, the plaintive sounds of "Wonderful Tonight" interrupted "Cocaine" mid-groove.......

t. primo said...

Ah yes, we will be gettin' down to business here pretty darn soon. I mean it this time.

Yeah, speaking of Uncle E and Aunt MC...there was a time when they drove around town with a Grateful Dead rose sticker prominently displayed on their Buick. You see they loved to grow roses - in fact, that is what their lisence plate said "grw rses". Remind me some time when we get together to relate to you the story of taking Aunt MC to the DEAD show. Talk about a riot goin' on...