Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I'm back (in the saddle again)...

Wow. Long time no post. Sorry 'bout that. But since noone was really reading (except of course the infamous BYC) I guess it doesn't matter all that much if I decide to take a little break now and then...eh wot?)

So, my Bro-in-law and BBQ nut (in a good way) extraordinaire @ the Hampton Smoker was kind enough to tag me with a little MeMe action a while back (there's a first time for everything, I guess) , so I decided to finally get it in gear and make something happen here. Thanks for the kick in the ass my good man!

Here goes nothing...
Four jobs I've had in my life:
1. "Page"at the local library (from which I was fired for being caught by the little old library ladies hiding in the stacks reading books, instead of putting them away, one too many times...oh well.)
2. line cook (at various eateries in both the western and eastern United States)
3. Ranch Hand/Cook (at a cool educational ranch run by the University of Wyoming in the Wind River Range of the western part of that state.)
4. Pastry Chef
4. Sausage Guy @ the PDX farmer's market with my 'bub Fred.

Four movies I would watch over and over again (and have):
1. Apocalypse Now
2. Raising Arizona
3. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
4. Repo Man

Four places I have lived:
1. Albany, NY
2. Laramie, WY
3. Montepelier, VT
4. Portland, OR

Four TV shows I love to watch:
Not Having had access to television in my home for at least five years, this is hard to say...I will just list shows I used to love to watch, or ones I have been able to catch up on through the wonders of tv on dvd...
1. Sienfeld
2. The Simpsons
3. Gilmore Girls (have to agree with Senor Smoker on this...Lorelei...Rrrrouw!)
4. The Office (British Version)

Four places you I have been on vacation:
1. Cape Cod, MA
2. San Francisco, CA
3. up and down the Oregon Coast
4. Charleston, SC

Four websites I visit daily (well, not daily, but often):
1. The Onion / AV Club
2. All Music Guide
3. Home Star Runner (Happy 3rd Trogday Trogdor "the Burninator"!)
4. Portland Food and Drink

Four of My Favorite Foods:
1. Anything having to do with Peanut Butter
2. Potstickers
3.BBQ (esp. pulled pork sammies with the coleslaw on them)
4. good taqueria fare (esp. if the tortillas are house made and steaming fresh)

Four places you would rather be right now:
1. somewhere warm and sunny (we've had something like 40 days straight of rain lately 'round these parts)
2. Hanging with friends/family in the back yard (with food cooking on the grill, and brews on ice)
3. seeing some killer live music
4. on a dinner date with the beautiful Ms. K.

I know I am supposed to tag some other bloggers now, but since the only other blogger I currently know in the blogosphere tagged me, it seems rather silly. Sorry'bout'dat. Now back to your regularly scheduled ways of procrastinating...

3 comments:

Backyard Chef said...

That ranch hand gig sounds so interesting to me. I'm sure it's one of those things that a city kid would over romanticize in their head instead of imagining the blisters, long days or stink of working on a ranch. But, I hope that it's as cool as I imagine.

No toast on the list of favorite things? Woah.

Don't take such a long vacation next time!

Anonymous said...

Edward Fisher-- do you have a recipe to go with your SPAM.

I get these every so often, too. Timo.

Matt aka BYC...

Gustad said...

sausage guy, eh? very cool